View Single Post
Old Jan 31, 2013, 09:51 PM
Find More Posts by Jwmflying14
United States, CA, Lompoc
Joined Nov 2010
4,227 Posts
Wow, FINALLY!

The Rifle was a great plane, but really suffered from its small wing. It's wing and design accounted for many lost models during unsuccessful launches.

As some of you know (at least Tim) I already did the dual aileron control on my original Rifle. I essentially copied the set up of a Sunracer, and did the carbon spar mod. It worked great on my Mega powered Rifle. However I quit flying it because launches and wing loading scared the piss out of me. nowhere near as forgiving as the bigger brother F5D planes.

This 1M is a GREAT idea, and I am surprised it took so long. If the price is as reasonable as the first Rifle, I am VERY interested.

Just curious, Tim, can you disclose some info for us? Motor mount Dia, more room int the fuse for batts? Stronger wing? I know you mentioned "CARBON SPAR" in your earlier post. Do you think the stock wing and plane could survive the 160-165mph range (of course, out of warranty....) or will we have to do surgery like the original Rifle?

Thanks for the hard work Tim, and everyone else at GP. Congrats on the new model! I will be on the waiting list!

-Justin

Edit, just read the recommended motor is now 28mm
Jwmflying14 is online now Find More Posts by Jwmflying14
Last edited by Jwmflying14; Jan 31, 2013 at 10:01 PM.