Old Jan 31, 2013, 08:37 PM
Find More Posts by viper522
United States, FL, Palm Beach
Joined Jan 2011
1,268 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferndale Flyer View Post
I lost my Widowmaker the other day.
I had been flying in upslope wind along with two seagulls and a bald eagle and all was going well. When the timer beeped I swung it left to come around for a landing and it got carried a long ways by the wind. I wasn't doing very well controlling it and I let it go down in the woods.
After two trips into the woods to find it I have given up. I looked up high and down low. I used a compass to locate the correct bearing I should be searching on in the woods but I never found it.
I have another Widowmaker to start building today and I wanted to tell you that if you are in the market for an On / Off Lost Plane Beeper here is what you want.
It's by Hobby King and it's called the "Discovery Buzzer". You can plug it into an unused port on your Rx like the "Gear" port, and just turn it on and off at will with the gear switch of your Tx.
If I had had one on my Widowmaker I would not have lost it. I'm pretty sure of that.
Just for your info. Thanks Bombay for the heads up!
David
I just use a lipo beeper. It goes hell-shriek loud when the batt cells get low. About a buck each at HK. Batterty low warning and plane finder in one.
viper522 is offline Find More Posts by viper522