Thread: Discussion ParkZone Icon A5 BNF or PNP
View Single Post
Old Jan 31, 2013, 07:01 PM
Find More Posts by WhirlyBits
Fly Freely, Fly Responsibly
Fort Worth, TX
Joined Jan 2010
727 Posts
I hear the crosswinds can be a little troubling with the PZ Icon. Especially on water (flippage).

When I get mine (probably order it this weekend) I think I'll wring every last bit of "knowledge" out of it that I can - initially on land. Once I can set it down within 3-5" of anyplace I intend - regardless of winds chosen to fly it in - I'll know I'm "there." It'll be my 'go to' plane.

I LOVE my T-28, but am thinking about selling my Stinson. I get tired of taking a tape measure in my kit to level the wing/ground distance evenly while straightening out the aluminum-within-the-plastic mains to keep if from ground-looping on take off, from a "less than ideal" bouncy landing.

When I can fly it on land like Paul does on water, I'm getting close.

I just remembered, I see Thomas every so often at my club field. I've got the (unmaidened) GP F-86 because he brought it, and the UM Spit (with the ASX3 or whatever) to the field. I was impressed by them. And he's an impressive pilot. And that German F-185, or whatever, "jet" that he has - that looks like it should be an EDF, but really has an EDF motor in front with a little 3" prop that you can't see, is impressive! I think it goes around 75mph+! Impressive for a fat little foamy! He's always "well-equipped" in the planes he brings!

Back on topic - I know 90% of you guys don't fly the PZ Icon on land. But from experiences that you have had, how stout is the gear? Any issues?
WhirlyBits is offline Find More Posts by WhirlyBits