Thread: Build Log Topflite Stinson SR-9 Build
View Single Post
Old Jan 31, 2013, 04:53 PM
sirzeppu is offline
Find More Posts by sirzeppu
Registered User
sirzeppu's Avatar
United States, UT, Farmington
Joined Aug 2011
1,428 Posts
Finished the stab today.

Got the top sheeted, removed the pins/jigs and flipped it over:



Sheeting the bottom:



Cutting around the strut mounts seemed simple enough:



But I missed the 1/8" for the TE and cut the hole oversize. Also got the length wrong:

Oops!



But I used the piece I cut out to add some material back in and got a decent fit:



After that the other side went much better:



And...done!



It's rough sanded, but per the instructions I did not round the leading edge. FWIW, when I fit the right side, bottom sheet in and it lined up perfectly, I was so excited I yelped. Man I'm a dork. But to see your skills improving with each step really is encouraging. Such fun.
sirzeppu is offline Find More Posts by sirzeppu
Reply With Quote