Originally Posted by rhodesengr
I see some people are coloring using paint on the foam. I'd like to get some more info about this.
1. Do you paint on the foam before taping or tape and paint over the tape?
2. Is there a preffered type of paint that handles the lam heat? I have used acrylic under fiberglass on surboards but no heat is involved.
3. Is it possible to paint over the lam?
1. I paint over the tape, but under the laminate.
2. I use polycarbonate based paints. They don't eat the foam and dry very quickly in the sun. They are pretty expensive for what you get however and you will need at least 2 to get top and bottom covered well. http://www.hobbylinc.com/polycarbonate_model_paint
3. Never tried.