I was going to wait until the fuz was ready to cover but having seen the progress others are making
and, of course, there's always more to do than you think, so I thought I'd better post an update.
The main sheeting is done and the block carving just needs final sanding to shape. The radio gear and all electrics are in place. I've finally decided that the battery pack will be mounted vertically in the rear cabin, just forward of the CoG.
The servos and snakes are all in place and tested.
I tried several different types of card / board to cover the pod but I was so pleased with the 1/32" sheet on the top, I'm using that in panels supported by 1/4" x 1/16" joining strips. The 1/16" sheet around the nose was fun but a good steaming and a lot of patience did the trick.
Apart from finishing the pod and final sanding I have the tailplane pad to fit - getting it level will be a challenge
- then there are the two hatches to make and fit. The front one, for access to the motor and ESC will be semi-permanent but the rear one will have to be quick release for the battery.
I need to trial fit the windscreen to determine the final shape of the cockpit roof and I still haven't decided if I'm going to incorporate the two little roof windows. All the glazing can be done after covering the fuz. All except the windscreen will be made of inkjet printable clear sheet glued from the inside. The windscreen will be the biggest problem as it will have to be glued on the outside so I'll need some ideas to cover the edges.