Thread: Build Log E-Scorpion
View Single Post
Old Jan 31, 2013, 06:34 AM
Find More Posts by CoolerByTheLake
Do it Right, the first time!
United States, MN, Hermantown
Joined Dec 2008
7,135 Posts
55+36=91 not quite 90 degress. Off a little I guess, but I have an excuse, I did this the weekend I had the stroke, that I didn't know I had! Depends which way you look at protractor,too. The 55 took off the template I made. For my top and side view templates, I used the drawing, made a PDF and enlarged it from there. Just made print out "half" the fuse, so when I drew it on paper, flipping print out, both sides were symetrical. I have found drawings to be less than accurate! My total length came to 61.5", tip of nose to tip of tail

For the wing I used this pic, from web site, enlarged it. WS on factory model is 49". Use what ever method you do to figure all other wing measuements off photo.

In measuring the drawing, I used mm to decimal, divided into either WS or length to get a multiplying factor. With known WS (49"), Length (59) as per there site, take the side viewdrawing, figure a multiplier to get a length of 59" (nose to tip of tail), see if it works the same to fgure out WS of 49" from drawing.

At this point it is,what it is. Not being a real plane, it realy dosen't matter, unlike my F-86F. Not much documentation to go on. A drawing and a few photos. It will be close.
CoolerByTheLake is offline Find More Posts by CoolerByTheLake
Last edited by CoolerByTheLake; Feb 06, 2013 at 10:37 PM.