Old Jan 31, 2013, 06:04 AM
Find More Posts by windrnone
lownslow
United States, FL, Cape Canaveral
Joined Nov 2011
338 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Var. View Post
A decent outrunner and ESC with 100-200 more watts of output than the Visionaire? That's about 50 USD. A receiver without AS3X? (which I don't want) 5-20 USD. 4 servos..30-40USD for ones that are probably overkill for this airframe.

The reason HH wont sell us the ARF kit for say...$120 is because they know we'll go and build it for cheaper. They have phased out ARF kits, and I'm telling you guys...the next step is a proprietary ESC/receiver brick like the UMX models already have. The want to be the Apple of the RC world. Keep selling you locked down packages for a bigger profit margin.

Case in point...the carbon z Yak fuselage has been on backorder for ages. They don't want you building the thing from scratch..................

Another example ...the visionaire parts list has no pictures or description so you don't go and try to piece one together.

What are HH's strengths?

1-They make modular, no gluing required, decently designed airframes that go together in the time it takes to charge the battery.
2- Customer service

They leverage this to their advantage and force you to buy servos, motors, ESCs, and receiver from them when all they are good for is the airframe.
I suggest you start another thread called "COMPLAINT DEPT" guys here are having fun with their brand new "go fly" Parkzones.......get it??? We know all that stuff and are beyond it...............in a nice way I am saying I dont read this thread to hear about someones opinion of HH's business model, that really does not interest me or belong here...............when other folks pick up this thread they too have to sort thru pages of junk mail they really dont care about,...................go buy the visionaire, sell the Rx, put in an orange and be HAPPY!!!!
windrnone is offline Find More Posts by windrnone
Last edited by windrnone; Jan 31, 2013 at 06:45 AM.