View Single Post
Old Jan 31, 2013, 02:45 AM
Find More Posts by Jimob23
United Kingdom, England, Ware
Joined Aug 2012
180 Posts
Cheers Jim[/QUOTE]

Things are very different here in Aus. At the current time there's not many parks you can't fly in, so long as the aircraft is deemed as a "park flyer" under a certain weight, wattage and wingspan". Our usual flying site is a huge couple of fields and we have councils permission to fly there, and a few of us hold keys to access the site. Another place we fly is a huge turf farm on the outskirts of the city and there also we have permission from the land owner to fly there.

I usually only fly above my backyard so I'm over my own property so if it did fail it would come down on my pool blanket or garage roof, but this incident wouldn't let me ditch on my property and it hurtled across the back fences of mine and the surrounding properties. Very lucky indeed and I won't risk that again. If ghd sunset is spectacular I'll take it to my local field.[/QUOTE]

I did not intend it to come over as a pop at your flying etc but rather envious of your wide open spaces
I would suspect the many tree huggers here have something to do with the ruling but perhaps those who like the tan in the buff have been buzzed a few times & discovered the reason
Jimob23 is offline Find More Posts by Jimob23