Old Jan 31, 2013, 02:40 AM
Find More Posts by Bowerz
No, I dont work for HH ;)
Southampton, Hampshire, UK
Joined Sep 2009
3,915 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Var. View Post
A decent outrunner and ESC with 100-200 more watts of output than the Visionaire? That's about 50 USD. A receiver without AS3X? (which I don't want) 5-20 USD. 4 servos..30-40USD for ones that are probably overkill for this airframe.

The reason HH wont sell us the ARF kit for say...$120 is because they know we'll go and build it for cheaper. They have phased out ARF kits, and I'm telling you guys...the next step is a proprietary ESC/receiver brick like the UMX models already have. The want to be the Apple of the RC world. Keep selling you locked down packages for a bigger profit margin.

Case in point...the carbon z Yak fuselage has been on backorder for ages. They don't want you building the thing from scratch.

Another example ...the visionaire parts list has no pictures or description so you don't go and try to piece one together.

What are HH's strengths?

1-They make modular, no gluing required, decently designed airframes that go together in the time it takes to charge the battery.
2- Customer service

They leverage this to their advantage and force you to buy servos, motors, ESCs, and receiver from them when all they are good for is the airframe.
No, this plane has been specifically designed to show off AS3x in their larger parkflyers. If you don't want AS3x, then this isn't the plane for you. Simples.

I think the reason they don't do many ARF's in the Parkzone and e-Flite series (their foam planes anyway), is that that isn't the product they want to take to market. Foam planes usually have some form of beginner aspect to them, so its pointless selling and airframe where the customer isn't going to fully understand how to fill out the plane with correct components and will only get half the experience the plane can deliver. You want ARF foam? Go to hobbyking, the only people with them and funnily enough renowned for bad products and customer experience!

PS, i buy most of my gear from hobbyking, not slating them, but in buying i understand the above and 'take a risk'. I know they have got a lot better in the past but still isn't even half the level the HH give!
Bowerz is offline Find More Posts by Bowerz