Old Jan 30, 2013, 08:32 PM
Find More Posts by fnnwizard
RIP MC
United States, CA, Midway City
Joined Dec 2003
3,454 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by satinet View Post
You should use mks servos then because the slop is far less than plastic cased servos.
I don't think I have had many, if any, servos less accurate than the graupner ds3288 in terms of double centring surfaces and I doubt they all had less deadband than it. They nearly all cost less too. Deadband isn't the sole measure of how accurate a servo is.
I've been using MKS. I like them a lot, but I am at a delima of running regulators, or Nimh with them.
Of all digital servos I have used none had over 4us deadband. None of the ATX have more than 3 though most were 2. Before the 378's, not s single digital JR ever had more than 1us. Hyperions from the factory are 2us. Even Hitec's were 3us or lower.
You are right, deadband isn't everything, but it sure is one aspect of a great servo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by target View Post
Sell those things off, Tuan....

You know, the deadband on a Hyperion servo is user adjustable with a $17 programmer.

R,
Target
I know, I got to clean up the garage. Here's a box of just NIB servos I still have laying around with new backups in that plastic tote .
fnnwizard is offline Find More Posts by fnnwizard