Find More Posts by stegl
stegl
Kelowna , BC
Joined Nov 2008
2,716 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylane II View Post
Tundra-wheels!
I'm still waiting for receive the glass mains.
What kind of size did you used for the main-wheels?
At the full-size Cessna mains you can see also more wheel clearence as the pants of the kit-version allows.
Looks something about 90 mm dia.
Only the down angle of the pants seems a little bit to much to me, so I will try to adjust the mains for a slightly down attitude.
For the landing lights I want to go with two mag-lite mini reflectors and bulbs, cause LED's would probably destroy the 70's retro-style of my rivet-patchwork aircraft..
I have 3.25 inch mains on now and think I will go to 3 inch. the nose gear I have 3 inch and may go to max of 3.25 inch.. I use threaded foam wheels as they are light and allow some nice compression. the 3.25 in for the nose gear may be a little tight so not sure right now. If I had mounted the ARF main legs to the top of the ply , instead of the bottom... the fuse to ground would look a little more scale. I am waffleing on that right now...... Decisions ... decisions ! I would have to open up another hole to insert the main gear and then go with the 3.50in/90mm mains. My biggest problem is I need the 16 inch prop clearance as I don't really want to go with the graupner 15x8 3 blade. The power draw full out is another 10- 12 amps. I may try a 15x8 or 15x10 prop..........

Attached is the led bulb I am using for the landing lights. very good brite light and low power comsumption . I have them in 4.5 to 6 volt and 3 volt.
stegl is offline Find More Posts by stegl
Last edited by stegl; Jan 30, 2013 at 10:18 PM.