Old Jan 29, 2013, 04:30 PM
Find More Posts by rick.benjamin
Reduce the drama...
USA, OR, Damascus
Joined Apr 2004
4,047 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by planeman View Post
I have been working away at the Sterling Stearman PT-17 printwood scans too. I started at the beginning scan. This thing is a BEAR! I have developed a method of figuring out which scan goes with which other scans to make up a sheet, but it has taken some time. Then the scans have to be straightened and assembled. Then the tracing begins. Now the other major problem is some of the scans are so indistinct that the part cannot be made out. Almost all of the ribs have this problem. I am trying to use the very few rib outlines shown on the plan to rebuild each rib. What a nightmare! Truthfully, with the formers and the ribs drawn, almost all the other parts can be taken from the plan itself. Add to this I find my plan is not to scale. This will be cured and the parts and the plan will match and the plan will be enlarged to meet the stated wingspan. I'll post it all here. But don't hold your breath.

Planeman
Thanks Rufus!
Here's a screen clip of what the cut sheets look like.
No, the bottom sets aren't CAD drawings.
I enjoy a nice piece of art as much as Educabara and others, but when a plan cannot be used as-is, I re-draw it to my satisfaction.
Thanks go to Rufus Planeman, Al Hogal, Craig cpmcgraw, Bruce Matthews, Vintage1, and the other folks I haven't re-called for the hundreds of hours put into these plan restorations. Ive learned a lot about vector drawing from all of you.
This is what we have to work with... 31 pdf pages representing 21 (at last count) cut sheets. What the first 9 look like...
rick.benjamin is offline Find More Posts by rick.benjamin
Last edited by rick.benjamin; Jan 29, 2013 at 05:31 PM.