Thread: Discussion On new Cox .049s
View Single Post
Old Jan 29, 2013, 01:43 PM
Find More Posts by earlwb
USA, TX, Grapevine
Joined Dec 2008
15,000 Posts
I hadn't considered myself a collector as I intended to use all the engines I acquired over the years. But now I have so many engines, it is now very doubtful I will use them all. So I guess I can resign myself to being a collector too.

Worse was when I was intending to build a new ACE Littlest Stick again (I have done it several times already) I discovered that the engines and airplane kits are now selling for high prices. So I haven't broke open my last kit yet. I am reluctant to do so now. I might just scratch build one instead. I actually used a Mattel single channel radio for the first one I built. The second one used Pro-Line radio gear. The third one had Futaba gear. The first two used TD .010 engines and the third one used a PeeWee .020 with a RC throttle too. I still have the remains of the fuselage of a fourth one that had a .020 engine on it as well. They actually wore out from getting slowly fuel soaked over time and getting heavier and heavier from flying a lot. Being so light weight, they survived crashes really well. The TD .010 engines had to be set a touch on the rich side as they would lean out in the air. So the hand launch was always a bit hairy as the little tiny engine didn't quite have enough power then for takeoffs.

earlwb is offline Find More Posts by earlwb
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by earlwb; Jan 29, 2013 at 01:49 PM. Reason: add more information