Old Jan 29, 2013, 09:47 AM
Find More Posts by Doc Austin
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
18,590 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hone1er View Post
Nice pics. The more i see the Laser the more i like it. I wasn't to into the look at first but it has definitely grown on me.
Did you put all the decals on yours? I've flown the plane with and without, and it's 100 times better all decked out. That, and this is a scale scheme. It is modelled after areobatic champion Leo Loudenslager's airshow plane, so you want the thing to be as close to right as you can get it (though Aerosheldon's varient looks awesome too).

The secret is using a good decal application fluid and floating the decals on. If you just try to peel and stick them you'll make a mess out of it. I had given up on kit decals all together until I learned about using Rapid Tac application fluid.

Another option is to get the Vinyl Laser decal package from B & E Graphics. I've got that on both of my Lasers and it looks great. I did the first one dry and it was a giant PITA. On the second Laser I used Rapid Tac Decal Application fluid, and it was much easier and came out better too. These decals come pre-cut, so you just peel, spay with rapid Tac and stick them down, then squeegie out the fluid.

You might want to check my blog articles about applying decals and application fluid.

Scroll down to the decal part of the report..,.....http://docaustinextreme.blogspot.com...sc-report.html
Doc Austin is offline Find More Posts by Doc Austin