Thread: Discussion DX6i throttle cut how to?
View Single Post
Old Jan 28, 2013, 10:50 PM
Find More Posts by Fig Newton
United States, TX, Burnet
Joined Jan 2013
417 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 600Bob View Post
The difference here is that an IC engine doesn't start if you happen to bump the throttle stick.
Which is exactly why the posts I agreed with and then commented on state that you should treat the electric engines as "on" when the battery is connected. I think we are splitting hairs here though. I get your point in asking for an extra safety measure when dealing with electric motors. But it still boils down to the individual taking the appropriate safety measures when working with either a running glow motor or a powered up ESC and electric motor. I was testing some radio changes to my Corsair the other day. Instead of having to worry about a prop catching me off guard I just removed it. I put it back on when I was done making radio adjustments. You can put in all the switches you want but at the end of the day the only way to truly guarantee you won't lose a finger in the prop is to keep it out of the area the prop is in. Don't get me wrong, I am all for safety features, but when you let them lull you into being complacent you are asking for an accident.
Fig Newton is offline Find More Posts by Fig Newton