View Single Post
Old Jan 28, 2013, 06:51 PM
Find More Posts by acesimmer
United States, NV, Fernley
Joined Oct 2011
2,426 Posts
Very cold day today so no layups. However, I did get my rear horizontal stab sorted ready to install tomorrow.

I had to cobble together a torsion arm for the elevator controls. I had run out of stock and had to place a big order this morning. It looks horrid but it works well and very solid. Good job its hidden inside the fuselage.

I've been casting engines and instrument gauges all day between fitting the rear tail. Just have to select the layout to use. I will need two different sets. One for the pilots office and then the RIO in the cheap seats. When I have test flown and have more time I'll make a set of side panels with all the goodies ready to go from the mold.

Tomorrow my friend is coming over and I'll teach him how to layup his kit. This way he can have pride in ownership. So the next few days will be laying up a complete model set. Finishing the instrument panels and more work on the fuse between wait times for resin to stiffen.

BTW.... ignore the red smears. Thats just my blood from another of many daily puncture wounds. Who said modeling was a safe hobby?
acesimmer is online now Find More Posts by acesimmer
Last edited by acesimmer; Jan 28, 2013 at 07:05 PM.