View Single Post
Old Jan 28, 2013, 05:44 PM
Find More Posts by spinnetti
SCCA, EAA, M.E.
USA, KY, Verona
Joined Nov 2001
3,269 Posts
[QUOTE=warhead_71;23959238]What plane? What scale?

I would think you could simply lathe it from a rubber stopper (or hard foam rubber). Just run a shaft through the piece to be lathed and chuck it in your drill, then use a Dremel to cut the profile while the piece is spinning on the drill. It might require and extra pair of hands or a vise to hold your drill steady, but it's a quick way to make your parts without the time and expense of making molds.

Just another thing you could do... and it's REALLY simple...you could just get the correct size spring and shrink-tube over it. Some shrink-tubing is hard when shrunk, and there are

From what I can tell in the [those shocks have an external spring with a dust-boot over them. The boot appears to have a helical shape rather than an accordion "dust gator" like some motorcycles--which have the springs on the inside. Or am I reading that wrong? Maybe the shadows and the image being at an angle are throwing me off?

***edit****

Nevermind. Looking at this photo, I can see that there is no spring... it's just a typical accordion boot. And in other photos, I notice than most of the He-111's were missing the boot... they probably dry-rotted off and never got replaced.
[\QUOTE]

Some good creative thinking.. Thanks for the ideas.. its not just for one type or size, just in general. I'm mostly in the 1/12, and 1/6 scale luftwaffe stuff... Just looking to round out my skill set
spinnetti is online now Find More Posts by spinnetti