Old Jan 28, 2013, 02:10 AM
Find More Posts by Patscherpofel
Patsch, Austria
Joined Jul 2007
467 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinderkram View Post
I doubt it's a good idea to use a stabilized cam for FPV flying

In theory you can make the gimbal "stiff" by setting the max. angles to zero but I can't tell you if you can assign a switch for turning it on/off.

its not that bad to fpv with stabalized cam...you just have to force yourself to feel your aircraft in a different way then by judging too much the video
you rather have to feel where the position of your sticks are and controle the aircraft really smooth (almost a must is flying with stabalized level ,also baro and gps helps a lot)
the only time its really anoying is when its windy and you are in a tight place and try to find a position, once you start to move its fine again

there are more gadgets that could help...artificial horizion or active tx sticks that move where the aircraft actually moves

I also fly with a non stabalized tilt gimbal only, this works really good mostly but for certain shots its nice to have the cam stabilized...the thing is once you have a working stabalized gimbal its hard to switch back

so if there is a possibility to slip in this feature in the future I would be really stoked
Patscherpofel is offline Find More Posts by Patscherpofel