View Single Post
Old Jan 27, 2013, 11:51 PM
Find More Posts by davereap
Ashford. Kent. England
Joined Feb 2005
7,514 Posts
On the micro models and using 1 cell, the brushed and geared motor setup does a better job in general than the brushless on direct drive... they have good performance and run for longer...
I was surprised.. it seems like I was taking a step backward after going to bigger brushless with such outstanding results...
I bought a selection of tiny brushless motors.. and they will only run for a fraction of the time compared to the brushed setup and the power is not as good..
To get the brushless going well it is best to go to 2 cells... or use a high kv with a gearbox...But you are still stuck with shorter flying times....

On larger models I would never use the old brushed motors... brushless is just so good

All flying..... The whole of the flying surfaces move....perhaps all moving is a better description
there are no fixed areas on the tail plane, wing or tail fin... the full surface is moved in relation to the body of the model..rather than moving an aileron, elevator or rudder

see the picture above...which shows the wings and tail plane in their moved positions
davereap is offline Find More Posts by davereap
Last edited by davereap; Jan 30, 2013 at 12:50 PM.