View Single Post
Old Jan 27, 2013, 09:47 PM
Find More Posts by SimpsonJ
Virginia Beach
Joined Dec 2010
506 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha1actual View Post
Those are what I use on my planes, straight from RMRC. You could build your own for a lot less $, but without the equipment necessary to test the antenna you'll never know if you built it correctly. Definitely grab a set of the monopoles, and get rid of the stock antenna on your uhf tx. Mine was horrible, failsafes at 1.5 miles. A Diamond or Nagoya work very well, you'll see a nice improvement there. Throw that whip in the bin and grab a RHCP cloverleaf for the tail, RHCP helical for your ground station, and say goodbye to most video issues. Your patch is linear, no?
Order sent, monopoles on the way! I often receive criticism from my Vtx whip antenna. The whip and 14 dbi patch are both linear from TBS. But the patch is mounted to a immersion RC tracking station with their 2400 diversity Rx. The thought process being to have a very focused beam following the plane for serious distance. Ill put it to the test soon and if it sucks, then I'll poo can it for a ibcrazy solution. Cool thing about the tracker is google maps plotting live on my phone to find my plane if it goes down and flight recorder. I've got two sets of immersion components and once I get the raptor dialed in Ill be looking to build the next one up. It will either be a wing, penguin or experiment with my existing 1500mm Cessna 182. Readymade just got some Diamond antennas in stock. Wish I waited, the one I bought was from Greece so I'll be waiting. Nobody had them for awhile. Taking Tuesday off so I hope to get some good flights in the predicted 60 degree weather. The temperatures were in the mid 30s this morning and my battery performance was horrific. Does temperature effect performance? Sure seemed like it today. Look at my video and the voltage alarm goes off soon as it gets airborne.
SimpsonJ is offline Find More Posts by SimpsonJ