View Single Post
Old Jan 27, 2013, 09:44 PM
Find More Posts by Backwall
Racquetball Lives!
United States, AL, Prattville
Joined Jul 2010
218 Posts
latest builds

Here are a couple of my latest builds. There were four builds over all. My f--ugly jet is in post #1898. I then built two photons. Each had a 2" fuselage. One was square and one had a triangle. I converted the square one to twin motors and totaled it on it first twin maiden when an aileron horn pulled loose and the plane rolled in and cartwheeled. But as a single motor, it flew fine. My second photon is still a single and will remain so. Someone remarked how my first photon looked gift-wrapped so I decided to wrap the second one with Christmas paper saying it was the gift that already came wrapped. This photon is directly servo driven--no push rods and no control horns! My last build was based on a twin build I saw earlier in this thread(can't seem to find it). Just wanted to let you know I did not come up with this idea first. It's a twin to use as a camera platform. It slings a lot of weight under the wing so it's quite stable. Or in other words, it doesn't roll worth S#$t!. On it's first flight a control horn also pulled loose on the aileron, but I was able to land it okay. All control horns now have back plates! The twin uses two Hobby King AX2308N 1800kv bell motors, two 18 amp ESCs, and a 3000A 3s Sky lipo battery. The camera is the Emerson Action Cam sold at Big Lots for $39. Trying to load up movie maker so I can edit my videos. Will post as soon as I learn how to use it.
Backwall is offline Find More Posts by Backwall
Last edited by Backwall; Jan 27, 2013 at 09:46 PM. Reason: spelling corrections