Old Jan 27, 2013, 08:22 PM
Find More Posts by Pat Lynch
a.k.a Maltone
Australia, NSW, Goulburn
Joined Jan 2005
7,252 Posts
Build Log
Westland Lysander - Hutson/Traplet plan

Boy what a weak excuse! Thinking the Duncan Huston Avro Anson was a bit advanced, I chose a 'simpler' model by the same designer as a trial run........but truly folks, I just like building While the Christmas specials were on at Traplet Australia (20% discount iirc) I looked for another design I liked and as I'd already terminated my old Lizzie build, a 'new' Lizzie was acquired. At about $150 for the plan, mouldings and wood pack, it seemed like a bargain (and a Christmas present!)
Although the laser-cut bits are few, they cover the worst part of a Lysander - all those fragile and every-one-different wing ribs! Also, the set includes a very nice cowl complete with rivets, catches and exhaust fairing, a HUGE canopy and best of all - FG wheel spats - most of the hard parts done. All that is needed is to follow the plan and glue it together - right? Wrong. This is not a slot-and-tab design but merely a bunch of parts produced from a hand-drawn plan complete with minor errors, misinterpretations and a few omissions. Nevertheless, after a few weeks work, the fuselage is largely completed and that daunting wing awaits!
The model is approx 1/8 scale and 70" span. Designed for .46 4 stroke and weighing under 3kg it seemed easily adapted to electric. So here are some pictures of what was bought and the aircraft I want to reproduce (same as my aborted one)

Pat
Pat Lynch is online now Find More Posts by Pat Lynch
Last edited by Pat Lynch; Oct 23, 2013 at 03:28 PM.