Joined Aug 2009
2,907 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJO View Post
You are in Ohio... and you're going all the way to NJ? That's crazy! LOL

Dan
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJO View Post
LOL I'm 3 hours away and I'm not making it. I thought it would be more for people that were like an hour or two away, not that far...

Dan
Dan (and anyone else for that matter that hasn't made it to one of these events),

If you find a really good event (and the NJ Fly Low In is one of those events), its definitely worth the travel. Its not all about going somewhere and flying (although that is fun), but its also about who else is there. You really can become good friends with people.

I love hanging out with the Smith's. Joe is so down to earth and yet is such a great pilot at the same time. If you ever have the opportunity to talk to Ben, you never know what you are going to get as he has such as insane knowledge base on so many topics. Arron (the KM), is a blast to hang out with and he always flys all out. Can't forget Noll and Glenn either. There are always some antics, but you never know what they are going to be.

In addition to those guys, I've had fun hanging out with a ton of other people from all over the east coast. Hopefully, one of these years, Bivens will make the trip. I think Chris Jewett has even threatened to come up from South Carolina as well.

It really is the people that make the event. Now, combine the people with the most incredible venue ever, and you will know why people drive (YES I SAID DRIVE!) from the West Coast to South Carolina to attend Joe Nall!!!! It is an absolutely crazy event.

With that being said, I am definitely in for NJ, Joe Nall, and I am even toying with the idea of driving down to the TN Fly Low In as I've heard Bivens does a pretty good job too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmonster97 View Post
Joe Smith travels like 10-12 hours for it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmonster97 View Post
He has a trailer and he probably ties them down.
Yup, the Smith's do have a trailer. Once you get a trailer, you quickly learn how you want to "tie" stuff down, and then, luckily, it gets a little quicker along the way.
CrashesALot is online now Find More Posts by CrashesALot