View Single Post
Old Jan 27, 2013, 03:51 PM
Find More Posts by SimpsonJ
Virginia Beach
Joined Dec 2010
506 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha1actual View Post
Sure. What antennas are you currently using on your uhf tx and rx? Your RSSI values are high for the distance you're flying. What antennas and video frequency are you using for your video link? Great initial flights man, with a little tweaking these issues can be easily sorted.
Okay this helps a me a bunch, thanks!

-So really I'm watching my quality link to make sure it's up at near 100, but keep an eye on the RSSI as an indicator?

-There is also a low number to the left of the antenna picture? says 0, 1 or 7 etc..

-Why are there two RSSI but my number stays at one location on the screen( I'm running 8 channel Diversity Rx)?

Yesterday I rewired the entire plane. Used a shielded cat6 cable from the Vtx to the OSD. I'm using the stock UHF Tx antenna but have the Diamond SRH771 coming in the mail. The EZUHF has the stock sanders style antenna mounted in a V configuration. On a side note I'm using a IRC diversity 2400 with a 14 dbi patch for video.

See my picture enclosed...

So what I gather from my video is I could have gone a lot farther with rc link interruption?
Seems like I should be getting a better signal.

-EZUHF 433 - Whip on plane, Diversity with whip and 14 dbi patch
-Motor RC Timer
-TBS 2.4 Tuned Tx
-TBS Core
-Immersion Rc OSD, EZUHF
-Camera RMRC-700XV
-Turnigy ESC

Your thoughts?
SimpsonJ is offline Find More Posts by SimpsonJ
Last edited by SimpsonJ; Jan 27, 2013 at 04:09 PM.