Old Jan 27, 2013, 02:52 PM
Find More Posts by rcoconut
Do you see what I see?
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Joined Sep 2006
1,884 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jovanx View Post
That was a good video rcoconut. Your flying was steady and smooth, and I liked the narrower field of view the Contour has as compared to the GoPro. That narrower field of view makes everything look more real and the horizon is not so curved.

An aileron to rudder mix is great for general flying, but for shooting video, you might find it fun to experiment with turning it off and using aileron with opposite rudder in the turns. That way you can do flat turns and keep the horizon level in the video. I've contemplated using an aileron-to-opposite-rudder mix to do that job but haven't gotten around to trying it yet. Nice video.
Thanks Jovan! I'm hoping the GoPro will look good since you have the option to change the field of view from Wide to Narrow. Hopefully it's narrow enough?!? We'll see though, just need to do the GoPro mount on the RP. And opposite RUDD with AIL, never thought of that one!! Will give it a try, I felt having the "normal" mix was great! Coordinated turns up at altitude really helped me out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptondave View Post
Ditto! Kudos to the GoPro design team and to their marketing people the GoPro seems to be the "gotta have" camera these days. It is a pleasure to see good video without exaggerated fishbowl distortion and tiny subject detail.
LOL, there are times I personally like the "fishbowl" effect, but it's not for me. I really do like the ease of use & the ability to change settings on the fly with the GoPro, but I have yet to get some r/c video! Thanks again though!! I wanted to video a loop so bad but like I stated in earlier posts, my wings were flapping like crazy, I was too scared to try it out, LOL
rcoconut is offline Find More Posts by rcoconut