View Single Post
Old Jan 27, 2013, 12:31 PM
Find More Posts by PalouseFlyer
Waverly, WA
Joined Dec 2003
76 Posts
Hey thanks flyeroo
I was able to finally get this thing back assembled in some semblance of controlled flying. The rotor head is in two parts, and the "Lower Main Rotor Blade Mounting Pins (2)" are on a lower part that slides into the upper part (which the blades secure onto). The weird thing is, the lower mounting pins are at an ANGLE to the to the allen set screw on this part, and so when all is connected you end up with the linkages at an angle to the main shaft. It is wacky I can't figure it out. I kept playing with it and my latest "solution" is to simple leave off the allen screws on the lower part, and that seems to keep the servo links parallel to the shaft - and I was then able to hover the heli without too much trouble and everything seems okay for now. I know that sounds weird. I think I will be looking for another heli.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyeraroo View Post
Pay attention to #6 in this document. You may have to remove the aluminum lower rotor hub from the shaft to check it out. The lower part of the hub has a "u" shape which must be lined up correctly to keep the anti-rotation pins perpendicular to the blades.

http://www.e-fliterc.com/Products/Hi...rodID=EFLH1245
PalouseFlyer is offline Find More Posts by PalouseFlyer