View Single Post
Old Jan 27, 2013, 08:53 AM
Find More Posts by builder bob
United States, MA
Joined Oct 2011
602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffy1980 View Post
I know a guy who made a steam engine and it worked with air also.I think the vibration would be really bad for a 1 cylinder.:
I think vibration would bee about the same if I weighted the crankshaft correctly.
Quote:
For the valve you couldnt find would it be possible to use something like a pipe with a solid shaft in it, then drill a hole through both, pipe would be solid on 1 end and have something to hook up to a servo to move the shaft in or out. It would take alittle time to experiment as to what size would work or be needed.If it was small enough it should reduce pressure. If you can do machine work you could also cap open end and o-ring it to stop leakage. also drill and tap hole on pipe to have in and out connections.
I tried something kind of like that after I made my first engine but it still leaked to much. I also did finally find all the valves I need.
Quote:
You dont have to stop doing it , just get boat running now with whatever you decide, but keep working on the air motor for a later project. You may find help if you can find any steam engine plans. Good Luck and your boat looks great.
ya i'm probly just going to get a gas engine for it cause a friend of mind is going to sell his full size boat and I want to beat it with this one before it's gone. i'm going to try and build an engine though, I can't get it cnc milled any more now though
builder bob is offline Find More Posts by builder bob
Last edited by builder bob; Jan 28, 2013 at 04:24 PM.