Thread: Question winding packing
View Single Post
Old Jan 27, 2013, 04:45 AM
Find More Posts by mustangwally
Joined Sep 2007
26 Posts
jackerbes and C4H10, thank you both very much for your helpful replies. The winding pattern which I used is that shown on http://i.caendle.de/dev/test2/, (AabBCcaABbcC) connected in delta . Off load it was drawing about 0.6 amps. As to revs, at the moment my rev counter is u/s, (PP9 battery flat). Last night however I spun the motor up on an electric drill and measured the output voltage across the phases. Two phases were about equal but the third phase was about 30% down. I am going to tear down the wind this afternoon and check the winding as it comes off. I am a bit reluctant to haul the wire very sharply over the stator edges in case of shorting to stator. I may therefore round off the top and bottom stator edges a little and give it a thin coat of epoxy to protect the wire as it rounds the corners. Anyway, thank you both again for your advice. I'll get peeling my wire this afternoon.

Edited :- As I suspected, bum winding, I had wound the last two poles of phase No3 both anticlockwise. Ah well, like Robert the Bruce's spider, try, try again!!!
mustangwally is offline Find More Posts by mustangwally
Last edited by mustangwally; Jan 27, 2013 at 07:23 AM. Reason: Update