View Single Post
Old Jan 26, 2013, 09:53 PM
Find More Posts by Bugman Jeff
I'm a Registered User
Evansville, WI
Joined Dec 2006
3,697 Posts
The DS chassis has the motor sitting low...very low. So low that the chassis is dished under the motor for clearance. With the giant pinions I'm using, I need to slide the motor way out, so I had to extend the dish further out to keep the motor off the chassis. I'm using a Hobbywing Xerun 150A ESC, again because I have one on hand. It almost fits in the chassis, but I had to grind down the sidewall of the chassis so the ESC can stick out just a bit. I don't have a pic of it, but I also had to clearance the spur slot in the chassis top plate. My spur adapter just barely rubbed in the stock slot.

With everything clearanced, it's time to mock everything up. Everything is super tight in the chassis and with the super low body I'm making, I have virtually zero free space. 10 lbs of potatoes in a 5lb bag... It's mocked up with 38/28 gears, but I've got the room for 36/34 if need be You'll also notice that my dogbones are blaze orange. I make a habit of painting them this way. If/when I break a knuckle or arm, it makes the dogbones much easier to find.
Bugman Jeff is offline Find More Posts by Bugman Jeff