Old Jan 26, 2013, 05:00 PM
Find More Posts by kalmon
Parkzone junkie
United States, MI, Grand Traverse
Joined Oct 2008
3,925 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by habitforming View Post
I just got to maiden my CC, and I just have to say - wow that is an awful prop that they supply the airplane with. It buzzed and vibrated something awful at basically any power setting.

As suggested I swapped a well balanced 5030 onto her and all those problems went away. To my amazement, I put the stock prop on my magnetic balancer and it was as well balanced as I could have made it. I don't know if the spinner was causing the imbalance or what, but my did it sound bad. I was worried the motor may shake loose.

One thing I noticed on each of my first two flights - it always wants to roll pretty hard to the left. I have to fly with continuous right pressure on the ailerons. Both times I plugged in and quickly set her on the ground until initialized. The second time I even did it indoors so I could be certain wind wasn't affecting it. Aileron & flap positions look correct while at rest - am I missing something?

On the stock 180 packs it looks like i can set a flight timer for ~7:00 - does that sound about right?
On the timer, Yeah I easily get 7 minutes of scale flying on my BabbelBat 180mAh packs.

As to the roll, First on initialization, The plane does not have to be upright, only still. I flip the plane upside down and hang the tail off the edge of the box so that it is sitting on the wings. This way the plane is perfectly still, Plug in the battery and hold the plane there until I hear the 3 ascending tone beep, count 1....2....3.... then put the battery in, finally flip the plane.

There should be no roll, How does the rudder look? There is some roll coupling from rudder.

Are the ailerons equal? Did one of the U bends get tweaked making one aileron off center? If you post a pic of the ailerons, and one of the enpennage (straight on from the rear) I'll take a look.

-Brian
kalmon is offline Find More Posts by kalmon