Thread: Discussion G sensor not reading correctly
View Single Post
Old Jan 26, 2013, 04:44 PM
Find More Posts by billpa
Joined Nov 2003
4,949 Posts
Hi, and glad to hear that the RPM spike and Z axis issues may be resolved. Once the firmware update was made to the accelerometer, there should not have been further changes to the Z axis. But, any data logged before the change would not have been affected.

Regarding the Z axis display in the logs, I think the issue may only occur with the elogger in car profile. I have reported this issue to our software developer to fix. In the interim, if you switch to the flight profile (under Software, Choose Model Type), I believe this will resolve it (though this is definitely not user friendly I realize)!

Regarding the reversal of the pinion/spur ratio, that's interesting. That work was done around 10 years ago (for the CDR V1) in concert with a noted RC car racer. It's possible he had it backwards mentally, but we haven't had other reports about that, and it's probably too late to change it at this point (it would change the behavior for those expecting it to remain the way it is).

To the best of my ability to recollect, the original RPM sensor should work fine.
billpa is online now Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor