Old Jan 26, 2013, 04:36 PM
Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,946 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trout911 View Post
Hey guys. I've been flying the mqx for about 30 batts now. FF is coming natural now fast banking turns are fun!
Anyway, I would like to fly some at night now and have been looking for a good LED setup. I have seen a lot of people putting single LEDs at the end of each boom but I would rather have a LED strip on the bottom of the booms. Any have this setup? Also, how is everyone powering their light rig?
LED strips are a problem because they need to run on 12V, and they are quite heavy as well. The mQX can carry some extra weight, but every gram you add reduces performance a bit. SO... the best way to do lights for the mQX is to make your own. That way you get the wires the exact right length, you can run from a 1S Lipo (or from the board itself), and you can easily keep the system light by using 3mm LEDs.

Here's a short video of my mQX LEDs - I have since made a better system with the battery on the bottom.
Blade mQX with LEDs (5 min 8 sec)

And here's a video about how to do LEDs yourself. It's well worth the time - when you get used to working with LEDs, you can make and install a kit like this in about an hour.
All About LEDs for RC Night Flying (23 min 52 sec)
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501