Find More Posts by melsailsnorth
Trader Rating: 157
Fight for the Right to FPV!!!
United States, CA, Chico
Joined Dec 2010
1,589 Posts
Trader Rating: 157
Justin,
Hey bro, really sorry to hear about your loss! You're not alone and man it's sure a terrible feeling to have your pride and joy fly away like that.... This week I finally had enough of constantly worrying about another loss and invested in this RF tracker which will easily find a quad if it landed less then about 8 miles away.
http://www.com-spec.com/rcplane/index.html
The amount of FPV pilots getting these is increasing, and some of us would even consider lending-out the receiver (the expensive part) to someone that has a loss if they are a trusted regular around here. That means the possibility of protecting your investment for as little as $50 -$100 and never having to worry about this type of thing again. There are also some even less expensive options out there that do the same basic thing. Not saying it's a substitute for a good setup and good preparation, but there are so many darn variables with this sport that theres always the potential for something to go wrong... Sure hope your quad gets found, and best of luck with the search. In case anyone asks... I have no affiliation with this company... Just sharing what I see as a great way to protect our expensive investments.

Once again, sorry for your loss!!
tracker (3 min 17 sec)
melsailsnorth is online now Find More Posts by melsailsnorth