View Single Post
Old Jan 26, 2013, 01:28 PM
Find More Posts by scottydsntknow
Joined Jan 2013
90 Posts
Well I have an entire cart queued up on HobbyKing but have not pulled the trigger just yet... still going back and forth in my head. I know that most of the guys in the club I'm joining ARE old timers and a lot of them do use 72mhz still. I also know that a $200 purchase to get a radio that we could only fantasize about back in the late 90s PLUS batteries, PLUS chargers, PLUS other misc stuff is ridiculous.

Problem is that added to the fact that I have no idea how good my 14 year old glow fuel is and that its $30 per gallon around here... my small investment of basically just an ARF and a few receiver batteries might turn into alot more than that if I decide to go get an Evolution 10GX to make it a $400 total purchase for everything. I was kicking around going electric but 7ish minutes of flying time even on a LiPo is kinda meh. If it was just glow vs electric then its a no brainer but I can mix up a 20:1 gallon of gasoline for about $7.

Or I suck it up, drop $30 on fresh glow that'll last me 16 flights and I'm up in the air next weekend...
scottydsntknow is offline Find More Posts by scottydsntknow