Thread: Discussion HK EPO Parjet, ARF
View Single Post
Old Jan 26, 2013, 01:01 PM
Find More Posts by ledzep76
United Kingdom, England, Bisley
Joined Oct 2010
114 Posts
After watching people struggle to launch the parkjet on youtube and as I didn't fancy crashing mine on it's maiden flight.
So I came up with my answer to the launch problem. The original finger and thumb holes are too far apart and most humans have a longer index finger than thumb therefore when launching its difficult to release the model without putting a twist on the throw. The twist makes one wing go faster than the other and the plane rolls on launch into the turf. l
This keel I fitted allows the plane to be launched straight and true like a dart going toward a dart board. Launch with one third power on and it just climbs away easily.

It protects the prop too.
Here are my post maiden photo's.

Note tape on the front just as a precaution. I don't trust the front magnet.
The first flight was great. It does massive loops and slows up until your flying along with barely any power on and the stick all the way back. It's a real blast at full throttle. Long banked turns look awesome. I don't really think it matters what colour you paint it as it just becomes a little grey triangle racing around the sky. I had some fun chasing a pigeon too.
This plane is fantastic! Now to go faster.....

I would like to thank everyone on this thread for your advice and ideas, without you guys my maiden would not have been such a success.
ledzep76 is offline Find More Posts by ledzep76
Last edited by ledzep76; Jan 27, 2013 at 03:42 AM.