Old Jan 26, 2013, 08:54 AM
Find More Posts by amrmatt
txflyer
United States, TX, Aledo
Joined Jan 2013
119 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoDiablo View Post
So now, Amrmatt, you are out $100 for the cost of the plane.
I understand "the point" of the matter being that as a consumer, one shouldn't have to put up with defective products or with lousy customer service. And obviously you stand by that point and now are you are going up to people and telling them to buy anything but a Gamma...because of the service you received and the seemingly defective nature of the product.
As I said earlier, what's done is done. But I surmise that for less than $30 you could have gotten yourself a new ESC and some white duct tape, foam safe CA and taped up that wing and that Gamma of yours, while looking a pinch ghetto, would be up in the air thrilling you as it has with the rest of the followers of this thread.
Yes, you shouldn't have to replace something barely used.
Should Ares/HobbyTown given you a new wing? I don't know...If every Tom, Dick and Harry that came in and said they wanted a new wing because their plane crashed due to ESC/connector/battery/linkage/rubberband/glue/CG failure and not pilot error, then they wouldn't make any money and thus one could see their reluctance to so quickly hand out new wings.
This hobby REQUIRES a bit of of resourcefulness to solve problems to get you what you want, which is to fly your plane.
By doing what you have done I feel you've alienated your local HobbyTown and Ares, instead of doing what was necessary to get your Gamma in the air. The plane would have cost you $130 instead of $100 but now you are out the $100 AND the plane.
Too much of a knee jerk emotional response to a situation that could easily have been resolved through other means.
I guess what I'm saying is that you should have checked with us here at the forum before pitching your perfectly good repairable Gamma.
Oh, well. Live and learn.

Its not about money, its not about an airplane. This became about a company who did not stand behind a product. And after not standing behind it, had they nerve to say in a public forum that I lied, and they offered every solution.
I could not spend more money on that plane. It didnt feel right to me.
As a business owner, I know sometimes you get the customer that breaks it them self and wants a new one. This is not the case. I know I have spent no less than 1000 dollar's at that store in the past month alone. Im not concerned with crashed planes. I know how to biuld, repair and maintain them. I have given more planes away to beginners than most people own. I just dont buy them with the Ares name on them. Which kinda sucks, the trainer 100 was on my list.
amrmatt is offline Find More Posts by amrmatt