View Single Post
Old Jan 26, 2013, 08:24 AM
Find More Posts by davemilw07
Joined Jul 2007
2,086 Posts
Turnigy Radios

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterVRC View Post

V8... check out the Turnigy 9x. 9 Ch ($70 TX with 1 8ch RX)... but best to upgrade it to a better RF module. Typically $50 to do. eg FRSKY ACCT DHT with telemetry (freq hops 100x sec for bullet-proof result - as tested with noise generators to try to shoot it down). Rxes at $20 or so (6 and 8 ch).
It is quite programmable (mixes) as it comes, but if you want to get more technical and mod it to reflash to community firmware it then becomes incredibly programmable, and optimised in every way - due to the ongoing firmware editing "add this.. make it do that...". Probably better than any big name brand even does.
And in quality and reliability it has not has one issue here (2 of them), and versus 2 Futaba's I have.
Read up on them (Turnigy, or iMax or Eurgle). Check RCreviews too.

Hey PeterVRC!

About a year ago you extolled the virtues of the Turnigy 9X Radio System, but now there is a new 9XR radio available from HobbyKing, that leaves me a bit lost.......

Here's the link:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...o_Module_.html

It's compatible with DSMX/DSM2 2.4Ghz, and a newer Open LRS 433MHz interface, which is apparently superior to 2.4Ghz. What are your thoughts about this radio????

I've been away from this hobby for awhile and am trying to getting back up to speed, but it has changed alot in the past five years............................

Just curious, Dave
davemilw07 is offline Find More Posts by davemilw07
Last edited by davemilw07; Jan 26, 2013 at 06:20 PM. Reason: fixed original quote