time for some more pics of the H-I. After having done the upper side, I started with the bottom. At this stage, it looks almost done, you turn it around and have always the same surprise of still having lots to do
I used some balsa wood at the trailing edge to support it. The thin strip of ply on top and bottom would else give a fragile edge. Then you follow essentially the same steps as for the upper side: planking and scarfing. The wings are kept in a jig with weights on top. The sheeting of the torsion box is fixed on leading edge using clear parcel tape. Having done the bottom side, I went on to finish the centre section.
The centre section is tricky. The cabin is a sort of short wing section on top of the main wing and the intersection of these needs some care. Luckily, the main piece can be used as a jig for the cabin. I started with pre-bending a piece of wet plywood for the trailing edge of the cabin, which was easy to glue after having dried. I started then to plank the rear of the cabin with 3x7mm balsa strips. I used mostly UHU-Hart and instant adhesive sometimes for pieces which were hard to keep in place (only on the inner side). Using thin strips produced more work and it took a while until the cabin was closed, but the result was convincing. After sanding the balsa, I scarfed joined the last pieces. Note that the cabin is still not fixed on the main piece, allowing to work well on the the main piece (sheeting and servo installation).