Thread: Discussion I'm done with foam ...
View Single Post
Old Jan 25, 2013, 10:05 PM
Find More Posts by wilem
airplanes r made from aluminum
United States, SC, Darlington
Joined Jul 2009
652 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billytown View Post
I owe a lot to ultra micro foamies. I've since become a glow flyer, but I learned how to fly on UM foamies. My first beloved RC plane was an Ember 2, just a little 3 channel thing. Then I learned 4 channel on a Sukhoi SU26XP. After that, a UMX Sbach 342.

I've never used a sim since I run Linux, so I owe so much of my flying capabilities to those foamies. They were invaluable. When I moved to glow, it was shocking how much easier they were to fly aerobatically and 3D than the foamies were. I regard my time with foamies as being formative. I still fly and love the Sbach 342 when I just feel like heading down the block to the park, but I do my serious flying with my glow planes: a OMP Edge 540 profile with a .55AX, a Pacific Aeromodel Edge 540T with an OS FS 82A, a scratch built Tweplica with a Saito .72... and I'm restoring a Funtana S40 right now. Not sure what engine I'll put on her, but it will be a glow... probably 4 stroke.
That sukhoi is a handful. almost impossible without expo. Sbach, awesome. ember, awesome first plane.
wilem is offline Find More Posts by wilem