Thread: Discussion give me 3 to opt from!
View Single Post
Old Jan 25, 2013, 08:53 AM
gfl
Find More Posts by gfl
gfl
Joined Apr 2005
99 Posts
I was in a similar position as you and asked the same questions after doing some research. My limited flight experience is co-ax helis, trucks/buggies and 3 channel fixed wings. I wanted to be able to fly indoors and outside in a cul-de-sac sized area. The choices I had from my LHS were the Helimax 1sq and the Ares qx75. Since I wanted to purchase from a LHS vs online, I limited myself, For under $100, I bought the Ares quad, 2 spare batteries and spare set of props although the box already had an extra set of props inside. I have been very happy with the purchase of the Ares product so far. To answer your question more specifically
- Ease of use - Excellent (Im not a very seasoned flyer - just wanted to be able to fly when I get a quick moment. This fits that requirement very well. Charge, plug and play - 45 minjute charge time, 8 minute fly time),
-Reliability - Excellent (Works everytime - have crashed often, no damage - think Timex. I have found that, for me, this is nowhere as easy as flying a co-ax heli, but with practice my skills have improved)
-Flexability for higher skill level - I really dont know (Cannot be bound to another tx although it does allow for high rates and has an automatic flip feature which is awesome - makes me look like I know what Im doing which is actually the furthest thing from the truth)
Hope this is helpful - Just my 2 pennies if any of this matters.
gfl is offline Find More Posts by gfl