View Single Post
Old Jan 25, 2013, 05:40 AM
Find More Posts by Sp1k3
Joined Mar 2011
199 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjmelo View Post
Guys! I've been glued to this thread ever since the modules came out. I received my set last week and I was finally able to plug stuff in and test out last night (on my new 9XR). I also ordered a CP2102 (based on info found on this thread) so I can experiment around with different firmwares. This is what I ordered, by the way, $6. http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from...2&LH_PrefLoc=1

It was stated before that people have flown out to 1.5 km with the stock firmware and antennas, which seems perfectly fine for me initially, but I will eventually want to fly further out. So, this leaves me with a couple of questions (after reading every post on this thread):

1. What type of antenna is best for the RX? I've read stuff about 1/2 dipole, etc, but I have no idea what these are exactly. Can someone point me to the right direction?

2. For the RX, it seems like a nagoya type would be best. Something like a Nagoya NA-771? Again, can someone point me in the right direction, please?

Thanks!
Nagoya 775 is good, the 771 is junk...
If you want the best antenna for Tx, then use the diamond shr-771 that is unbeatible.
As for the Rx, the best bet is the sandner style antenna, it doesnt have real holes as the dipole does and range is extremely good.
Sp1k3 is offline Find More Posts by Sp1k3