Old Jan 24, 2013, 04:14 PM
Find More Posts by _Colton_
Team Horizon Hobby
United States, GA, Canton
Joined Feb 2012
111 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmonster97 View Post
So when you went full throttle like on the snakes, tumbles, snaps, and circuits did you stay in 3d mode or did you go to general mode? I'm worried that I won't be able to do any higher speed 3d with this.
I did not leave 3D mode. What you don't want to do is fly any long lines in 3D mode full throttle. Normally in 3D you keep moving so this isn't a problem. I Usually do snakes, rolling hard, or doing snap rolls on straights so your not really going full throttle. If I am doing an extended line then I'll either back of the throttle some (this is good for the AS3X system but also good for the look of flying. because you'll look overall like your holding more constant speed) or I'll flip to low rates (general flight mode in this case)

Believe me it'll huck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watdazit View Post
I notice on the video that the plane tends to drift out on sharp turns. I have never noticed this before on a plane...to use a modern phrase, it looks cool. Is this because of your flying style of full throttle, something like a racing car driver drifting a car on a corner on full throttle?

I have had mine on pre-order for some weeks...roll on delivery.
You can achieve the same look by ruddering your turn's more. You can do this by giving your rudder most of the command you want and adding a little ail in for the banking effect or you can go a little opposite ail to keep the turn totally flat.
_Colton_ is offline Find More Posts by _Colton_
Site Sponsor