Old Jan 24, 2013, 01:29 PM
Find More Posts by SimonChambers
Radio? Screwdriver!
United Kingdom, England, Bristol
Joined Aug 2011
1,013 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimbeaver View Post
So this has bugged me for a while... what's up with the super slow updates to the Hitec website? The Minima 6L and Minima 6S were announced back in Dec and are in the what's new section in the recent issue of FlyRC. Still no sign of them anywhere on the Hitec website. Same story for the H4 charger. That was in the magazines over a month ago. I know we can't buy them yet, but shouldn't there be something one the website?
The Hitec Minima 6S is available from this side of the pond already. Same company as the one that has the cheap Aurora offer from the other day - http://www.airtekhobbies.com/minimas.html

Quote:
Budget busting Park fly range version of the Minima T, the Minima S offers staggering value for money. Offering a 1200 feet (365 meters) clear site range this is the ideal receiver for Park Flyers.
Why risk it with a budget clone when you can get a genuine Hitec for this money - outstanding!
That last paragraph made me chuckle! I don't know what clones they are talking about though, there are no clones...
I like to think this is Hitec's reaction to a certain compatible receiver out there. However considering how long it takes Hitec to get to market, I suspect these were designed and envisaged well before the compatibles were out in the general market place!

It surprised me that they're park flyer range though. If anyone gets one, I'd be interested to see a picture of the PCB and see if they have excluded the LNA (Low Noise Amplifier) - hence make it park flyer range.

Interestingly, I checked Tower Hobbies the other day and they had them listed as not arrived yet.

Si.
SimonChambers is offline Find More Posts by SimonChambers
RCG Plus Member