Old Jan 24, 2013, 11:38 AM
Find More Posts by SrTelemaster
I HATE GLOW PLUGS!
United States, NY, St Lawrence
Joined Feb 2012
1,469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomCrump View Post
The Natural seems to take paint better than the colored Solartex. I've done it both ways, however. Both ways work.

I haven't had trouble with either covering. Solartex is easier to apply.

On any covering, I let the model spend time in the sun, and re-shrink as may prove necessary.. I do this several times, until the covering becomes stable. Only then, do I appkly paint.

If I'm covering during the Winter, and it isn't possible to place the model in sunlight, I go over the covering several times with a heat gun, letting it cool between sessions.

The Cessna is modeled after a 1941 Cessna Airmaster.
Very helpful Tom. I think I will stick to the original plan & start W/yellow. I'll be recovering a Wolds Models 84" J-3 ARF before the SW so I'll be able to get a good grip on what is involved.

If the yellow W a light topcoat works on the Cub, I'll have leftover covering & a better idea of the product when I start the SW.

I had originally decided to use (scale) Stitts fabric. I may still go that route, but it seems to take a lot more steps.

I really like models of obscure aircraft. I'll bet that Cessna gets a LOT of questions @ the flying field.
SrTelemaster is offline Find More Posts by SrTelemaster