View Single Post
Old Jan 24, 2013, 08:06 AM
Find More Posts by t.edwards
Joined Aug 2005
957 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fotoflyer View Post
The receiver is a 6 chan HK Orange RX and the two extra channels are marked Gear and Aux1. So that's why I connected them as I did.
I know what you mean. I have a Fancy Foam 34" Indoor (flat wing) Freestyle. It has a 6 ch Orange rx (single aileron servo) with a Guardian and it gets flown outdoors. Your channels get set by what's available. The big thing is knowing the tx is doing what you expect. I also have a 34" airfoil wing Fancy Foam Freestyle. 3D, slightly heavier (12 oz flying weight), 2 aileron servos on a channel each, 7 ch orange rx, with a Guardian and 250 watts/lb that's a hoot in strong winds.

I wouldn't fuss much over 2D. 2D made my 3D foamie fly straight but little else. Just fought me. Guardians' progamming may not like the fact that ailerons ONLY roll the plane, rudder yaws the plane without rolling it etc. 3D Heading Hold however works great. I set the pots and Master Gain so flying fast with the Master Gain "centered" I'm just short of oscillation. Ailerons "flap" the easiest. That way I can "fly big" with a mid Master Gain setting and fly slow in close with a higher Master gain settting. There's plenty of range of adjustment. Have fun.
t.edwards is offline Find More Posts by t.edwards
Last edited by t.edwards; Jan 24, 2013 at 12:13 PM.