View Single Post
Old Jan 23, 2013, 03:10 PM
Find More Posts by BldrFlyr
United States, CO, Boulder
Joined Nov 2012
125 Posts
Discussion
Beware of www.ValueHobby.com in Chicago

I was looking for a Life 9.9v TX battery and found a $15 one at Value Hobby's website. I was skeptical because I had never heard of them and the price was low. I ordered it online and used paypal to try and ensure the order.

I received the battery and sure enough, one of the 3 cells isn't registering nor will it charge. It came with a charge of 6.27v. Neither my Hyperion Duo charger or Hyperion battery checker will show 3 cells, only 2. It came with a a strange little white power plug which I had no way of charging it with ( I have over 25 different batteries and connectors). I switched it to a JST connector to try and charge the 3rd cell. No luck.

Called Value Hobby this morning, no answer. Sent a request, No answer. Called them again this afternoon and they pick up. Long story short is they expect me to pay to send the battery back to them, then they'll send out a new battery. They partially blamed me for the problem by switching the connector (which most of us do). Just poor poor customer service. They're policy is even with defective items, customer pays the shipping back to them.

I'll never buy from them again. I've bought over $20k worth of RC parts in 2012 and this was an unfortunate and negative experience which I had to disclose to others.
BldrFlyr is offline Find More Posts by BldrFlyr