View Single Post
Old Jan 22, 2013, 07:59 PM
Find More Posts by Uncle Gravity
Chasin' Auntie Gravity's Tail
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Nov 2007
908 Posts
Hey guys, great thread. I've read it end to end and learned a ton of useful info.

I'm a total noob, and the V911 is my first "real" heli aside from a Mosquito coax that could barely lift its own considerable weight and a couple of completely disposable mall clunkers. I've flown it at least fifty times with no major crashes and no damage (yet). Today was my first prolonged outdoor session and I finally had enough elbow room to go for some wide banked turns and nose-in orientation practice. I'm loving this little thing.

A minor discovery that may be useful: I had no trouble mechanically trimming my Banggood V911 to a hands-off hover with no aileron or elevator trim on the Tx, but I always needed pretty much full-left Tx trim of the rudder. Today, I used a toothpick to apply a tiny drop of light sewing machine oil to the motor shafts, and suddenly I no longer need rudder trim! The motors seem to run a little cooler, too.

Thanks for all the info. I wouldn't be flying this bird without you guys. I have a backup BNF version on the way and another RTF for my wife (so she'll keep her greasy mitts off mine). I also have a mothballed Walkera Super FP *cough*impulse buy*cough*; I'm way too green to mess with a squirrel like that right now.
Uncle Gravity is offline Find More Posts by Uncle Gravity