Old Jan 22, 2013, 07:22 PM
Find More Posts by jtaylor996
Registered Crasher
United States, TX, Coppell
Joined Feb 2011
2,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by walter3rd View Post
im going to get a watt meter so i hope to be able to know whats going on there. how many amps can you put through the stock motor without harm? i rarely fly WOT so i was hoping it might work. thoughts?
Nobody knows the limit on the BL15 motor, as parkzone doesn't provide any relevant specs. But experience here has shown that its probably less than 40A.

Experience also shows that once you get this plane in the air, you'll be using a lot more WOT than you thought you would

Personally, I think you need to get you draw below 40A at WOT for this motor. I would go over to eCalc.ch and plug in numbers for the jug. Use the pre-defined e-flite power 15 motor (they don't have the bl15 since no specs are available). Then start playing with propeller sizes and pitches to get your amps down, while keeping the pitch speed up and thrust to weight above 1.

If you're not attached to this motor, then buy the 710kv turnigy g25 motor and go for the hobby lobby 11" 4 blade prop. I think that's what people are using for that prop on this plane. Check the search function on this thread, and run those numbers through eCalc as well.

And do buy that watt meter.
jtaylor996 is offline Find More Posts by jtaylor996