Thread: Build Log K-E-os at last
View Single Post
Old Jan 22, 2013, 06:36 PM
Find More Posts by Captain Dunsel
United States, NJ, Browns Mills
Joined May 2005
2,348 Posts
Thanks, Arniebud, I expected as much (although I did have hopes!).

I have to admit my Bridi wing jig was done on the cheap, but it worked well for several years! I wound up buying and Ajusto-Jig around 1982, and it's been my primary wing (and occasional fuselage) jig since then.

After the Astro 40 epoch (never made it to the 60 size), I went to geared 05's and 035's, with more cells than conventional wisdom said to use (I know that Dereck's familiar with that concept!). It was fun to have people tell me my model couldn't fly or that the motor would melt...then stand open-mouthed as it flew (and didn't burn).

But, I went through lugging that RV battery, too. Folks who weren't flying E-power back then don't realize that the batteries self-discharged within minutes, so you couldn't charge the batteries very long before flying without losing significant power. Lipos have been a blessing to my bad back!

No VSPs around here, but it's been pretty cold in the workshop (i.e., the garage). I had Micki's truck as a space heater this morning, but that only lasted so long (How cold is it? Cold enough to make the flourescent lights flicker annoyingly). So, only got a little more done on the Ulu, specifically, installing the rudder & elevator servos and molding a canopy.

CD
Captain Dunsel is offline Find More Posts by Captain Dunsel